| || |
Stoughton's VFW Post 1645 held its 2015 awards ceremony May 17, honoring student essay contest winners as well as teacher and fireman of the year.
Award winners included:
Cassandra Backman (1st), Eric Marley (2nd), Nicholas Kosh (3rd) - OMS Patriot's Pen Essay winners
Rebecca McSweeney (1st) & Colin Cochran (3rd) - SHS Voice of Democracy Essay contest winners
James Brackett - Stoughton Fireman of the Year
Marge Augustus (Gibbons) and Caitlin Valair (OMS) - Stoughton Teachers of the Year
Check out a video of the awards ceremony (posted to the left), which includes Rebecca McSweeney reading her first place essay.
Stoughton VFW Honors Student Essay Contest Winners, Teacher And Fireman of the Year at Annual Awards Ceremony
Stoughton Reads together 2015
By Jeffrey Pickette
* Preferred Schematic Report submitted to MSBA in December 2015 - this is determining the preferred solution for the school building project, whether it be a renovation or new building (and where a new building would be located if this is the preferred option)
* MSBA Board votes to approve the Preferred Schematic Design in January of 2016
* Project Scope & Budget Report submitted to MSBA in April of 2016 - this lays out the cost of the project and details the amount of the MSBA reimbursement, as well as a schedule for the project
* MSBA Board votes to approve the Project Scope & Budget Report in May of 2016
* Preferred Schematic Report and Project Scope & Budget Report presented at the spring 2016 Town Meeting (likely in May or June); seeking Town Meeting approval on the financial deal with MSBA
* Vote to approve a debt exclusion to fund the project in early June 2016
Bonfatti called it an "aggressive schedule," but one that "we are very confident that we can achieve."
There will be a pubic forum about the SHS building project on Saturday, June 6 at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. at the SHS cafeteria.
StoYAC Softball Opening DAY 2015