| || |
The Stoughton High Building Committee gave Town Meeting members a brief update on the project at the start of the third session of Town Meeting on 5-11-15.
Video of the presentation is posted to the left. Below is a copy of the slide that was shown to Town Meeting members, which includes who serves on the SHS Building Committee and an estimated timeline of the project for the next 12 months. Tim Bonfatti, President and CEO of Compass Project Management, the Owner's Project Manager, detailed this timeline to Town Meeting members:
* Drummey Rosane Anderson (DRA) was selected as the architect for the Feasibility Study Phase in May of 2015.
* Preliminary Design Report submitted to Massachusetts School Building Authority in September 2015 - this lays out how the building would respond to the educational plan and will list the various options for either building a new school or remodeling the current one.
* MSBA Board votes to approve the Preferred Schematic Design in January of 2016
* Project Scope & Budget Report submitted to MSBA in April of 2016 - this lays out the cost of the project and details the amount of the MSBA reimbursement, as well as a schedule for the project
* MSBA Board votes to approve the Project Scope & Budget Report in May of 2016
* Preferred Schematic Report and Project Scope & Budget Report presented at the spring 2016 Town Meeting (likely in May or June); seeking Town Meeting approval on the financial deal with MSBA
* Vote to approve a debt exclusion to fund the project in early June 2016
Bonfatti called it an "aggressive schedule," but one that "we are very confident that we can achieve."
There will be a pubic forum about the SHS building project on Saturday, June 6 at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. at the SHS cafeteria.